Immigration FAQ

Here, we have answered some of the most common questions we hear in our practice. If you have immigration law questions, it is always wise to speak with an attorney for more information about your unique situation.

Can I keep my spouse in the country?

There are several options for families wishing to stay together when one spouse is a foreign national, including fiancé(e) visas and marriage green cards. If your spouse is in the United States unlawfully, however, it can be much more difficult to keep him or her here.

How can I avoid being deported?

Whether you are facing removal for a criminal conviction, illegal entry or another reason, there are ways to fight it. We use a variety of tools, including criminal appeals and adjustment of status, to help our clients stay in the United States whenever possible.

What can I do if I entered the country illegally?

Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to pursue consular processing or an adjustment of status for a visa or green card while you are in the United States. We may be able to assist you with a waiver that would forgive immigration law violations like unlawful presence. In this situation, it is essential to work with an experienced immigration lawyer who can help you pursue legal status and protect your rights.

Can I complete my immigration application in the U.S. or do I need to return to my home country?

This may depend on when and how you entered the country. A lawyer can advise you of your options and help you develop a strategy to remain in the United States when possible. There has been a recent change in law that allows you to request and obtain a decision on your waiver application prior to your consulate interview. Whether you need to complete your petition here or abroad, we are dedicated to protecting your interests.

Contact Garibay Law Office LLC In Pueblo, Colorado

Services In English And Spanish

If you have additional questions about immigration, please contact our office at 719-545-4519 (800-657-6487 toll free) to arrange an appointment with a knowledgeable attorney.